Le Erbe di Janas Alkanna
Natural dyeing properties
- Red tones
- Nourishes & strengthens
- Suitable for use on skin prone to atopic dermatitis
- £7.40 (£7.40 / 100 g)
Price shown includes 20% VAT. Excludes delivery costs
This product is currently out of stock! Unfortunately, we have not been informed when the product will be available again. Click on the "Notify me when available" button down below to receive a notification when the product is back in stock.
Alkanna is an evergreen shrub and belongs to the Boraginaceae family. It softens the hair for a silky finish and nourishes it in combination with oils that it is mixed with. Use as a standalone product or mixed with clays or other herb powders to form a mask for skin prone to atopic dermatitis and psoriasis.
Red-violet depending on the pH value of the base:
- Violet dye that varies the hue according to the pH: adding an acidic substance (such as lemon juice or vinegar) results in pinker shades while adding about 4 grams of bicarbonate (every 100 g of powder - corresponding to two of the1 ml scoops) you will get blue/purple shades.
- If used alone, the dyeing power of Alkanna is not very high and does not last; for this reason, it can be mixed with Cold Red Henna, to enhance its cherry-colored reflections and obtain an even colder red!
- Mix the powder with vegetable oil (castor, jojoba, almond oil or a mix of these is recommended).
- Leave to infuse for 30 minutes in hot water or for 48 hours at room temperature.
- Alternatively, you can opt for cold maceration, putting the Alkanna powder mixed with the oil in a tightly closed jar, to be kept for 40 days in the dark, and shake at least 2-3 times a week.
- Use as a hair mask or add to a henna paste. Alkanna can also be mixed with water when used in combination with henna, however, this will lessen the intensity of the colour.
- It is advised to avoid mixing the powder alone with water.
- As a face mask, it is recommended to mix it with clays and/or other herbs, to avoid unpleasant colours.
- Do not let the mask dry, but keep it moist by dispensing water or aromatic waters onto the skin.
- Alkanna Tinctoria Root Powder