This plant from the Lamiaceae family is a particularly versatile medicinal plant. Lavender has a healing effect, stimulates blood circulation, is anti-inflammatory and soothing, and also has a certain antifungal (antifungal) and antibacterial effect. This is particularly pronounced in the lavender essential oil. Also used to treat allergic reactions, the anti-inflammatory effect of the lavender oil is well known. Lavender oil represents one of the few essential oils which can be applied to the skin pure. Promoting healing and even soothing, lavender helps to treat burns and can be applied by the drop to prevent blistering. However, caution is required since lavender oil can cause allergic reactions, although this very rarely happens.
In addition to true lavender, there are several subspecies and hybrids. If true lavender is expressly sought, look for the terms "Lavendula Angustifolia" or "lavender fine".
- healing, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, ideal for acne and blemished or inflamed skin
- promotes blood circulation and calms, suitable for the care of burns
- can also be used in pure form
see: Heike Käser 2010 "Natural Cosmetic Raw Materials", Linz, Freya Verlag, 3rd Edition 2012
Lavender Extra is produced exclusively in the French Alps and is collected from the wild.
In aromatherapy, lavender is stimulating, uplifting and tones, calms and relieves depression. It can be used to calm nightmares and fear, or also to treat insomnia, nervousness and irritability. During pregnancy, lavender should not be applied.
see Markus Schirner 2002 "Aromatic oils" Schirner Verlag, Darmstadt, 4th edition 2011
Products with Lavender.
- Effective & long-wearing
- Antioxidant protection
- Light-weight & rich care
- Hydrates without a greasy feel
- Keeps skin smooth & supple
- Rich in natural vitamin C
- Extremely nourishing
- Quickly absorbed by the skin
- Clarifying & balancing
- With a wonderful fragrance
- Spicy charm of lavender
- Contains nurturing glycerine
- For clean & soft hands
- Absorbs quickly
- Disinfects & promotes healing
- Floral perfume
- Enchantingly fresh fragrance notes
- Intensive lavender scent
- Suitable for all skin types
- Ideal as a hair tonic
- May be used as natural perfume
- Naturally crafted
- Ideal as a gift
- With handpicked lavender flowers
- Made with fine flower petals
- Exfoliating properties
- With fine shea butter
- In a varieties and fragrances
- Mae in Provence
- Long-lasting hold
- Vegan & gluten-free