Black dye with violet undertones
Katam by Phitofilos is a pure powder that is obtained from the leaves of the Buxus Dioica tree. The dark green powder results in a nearly black colour result with violet undertones (unlike indigo that has blue undertones). Due to it being a purely natural product, Katam requires a certain amount of time to oxidate. Therefore, the colour result may only be visible on dry hair after a few hours.
- The application/reaction time on brown or dark brown hair corresponds to 40 - 120 minutes.
- Light brown hair, with or without few grey hair, will be given a dark, cool shade.
- Grey hair: it is advised to pretreat grey hair with a basic colouration using Henna Red No. 2 or No. 3 (10 - 40 minutes). Apply the Katam paste immediately after rinsing the henna pretreatment and leave on for 40 - 120 minutes.
- Depending on the length and thickness of the hair, mix the required amount of powder with hot water or black tea until a creamy paste is formed.
- A pinch of baking soda can also be added to the water being used for mixing.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 1 - 2 hours while stirring occasionally.
- Apply the paste to clean, towel-dried hair.
- Wrap the hair in clingfilm or aluminium foil and leave on for 40 - 120 minutes, depending on your desired colour outcome.
- Thoroughly rinse the hair and dry as usual.
- Buxus Dioica Leaf Powder
Information about Herbal Hair Colors & Powders
Questions & Answers about Phitofilos Katam
| || ||14||(70%)|
| || ||4||(20%)|
| || ||1||(5%)|
| || ||0||(0%)|
| || ||1||(5%)|
6 customer reviews in English
12 customer reviews in all languages
Ecco Verde shopping highlights
Free Delivery to United Kingdom from £42.90
A minimum of 1 free sample per order
We ship globally to more than 90 countries
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology
“Everything you can imagine, nature has already created.”