Aromakids - farfalla
Strong, relaxes & motivated kids
Young and older children, each with their own characteristics, emotions and mannerisms. The way in which they face life can be so different - and they (as well as their parents) face different challenges. Essential oils are effective helpers that can uplift the mood or soothe, boost concentration, strengthen and enhance relaxation when children are emotionally overwhelmed, insecure or restless: When they are separated from their parents for the first time, need to focus at school or master exams. Others are innately excited or fidgety and need help to calm down.
After farfalla launched their own farfalla baby line in 2019 with the slogan "from parents to parents", the range has been expanded this year with wonderful fragrance helpers for older children: whether they are kindergarten children, first graders or teenagers - children, in particular, are very sensitive and therefore also sensitive to fragrances. They have a positive reaction to sensual stimuli of essential oils and respond unbiasedly toward them. With the expertise of four decades of aromatherapy, farfalla has developed 3 ready-to-use, 100% natural aromacare products for kids. In addition, the Aromakids fragrance companions convey an important feeling when slipped into the child's pencil case: "I am always there for you".
Using essential oils for school
- Firstly, define which topic your child needs the most support with.
- Think about what likes and dislikes the child has (dispises chamomile tea, loves grapefruits or lavender in the garden, etc.)
- Children often find the right aroma helper by sniffing them themselves - offer them a small selection of essential oils
- Concentration-enhancing & invigorating essential oils for school and homework:
For example, bergamot, peppermint (not under the age of 6), lemon, bergamot mint or the Aromakids Fragrance Blend "Fond of Focus".
- Small comfort to get you through tough times at school and exam anxiety:
For example, lavender true, Roman chamomile and Roman chamomile Swiss selection, neroli or the Aromakids roll-on "Calm down" (practical: can be used directly and undiluted on the skin)
- Confidence boosters for self-confidence, courage & a good mood:
For example, blood orange, tangerine red, Himalayan cedar
- Relaxation blends that help calm children down after a stressful day:
For example, lavender true, mandarin (low dosage), lemon balm or neroli (orange blossom), bergamot mint essential oils or the ready-made Aromakids organic room spray "sweet dreams"
- The selected essential oils can be used in a recipe mixture (see below), as a fragrant scent companion (inhaler stick, aroma stone, handkerchief) or as a room fragrance
- An inhaler stick or a scented handkerchief is small enough to fit into pencil cases. Fragrance lamps and diffusers are great at exuding the wonderful essential oils at the perfect dosage whilst the child is completing their homework or experiencing discomfort in the evening.
Aromatherapy application tips for school children
- In a fragrance lamp during study time/homework (1-3 drops)
- In an inhaler stick or a scented handkerchief for independent use during class (3 drops)
- As a bath additive in the evening (for example: encouragement, fear and relaxation), emulsify 4-6 drops of essential oil in 3 tablespoons of DIY shower gel/bubble bath or cream, add to the bathwater
- Create your own mixtures using essential oils with the right properties, e.g. also as an abdominal massage oil, foot oil (0.5% dilution = 1 to 2 drops of essential oil to 15 ml of plant oil)
- As a fragrant roll-on for localised applications on the skin: 10 ml organic jojoba oil (because of its durability - other oils go rancid quickly) plus 2-4 drops of essential oil (selection suitable for children see above)
Dos and don'ts of aromatherapy for children
- Use first-class organic quality instead of cheap "aromatic oils"
High-quality essential oils are always declared with a botanical name, part of the plant, extraction method, cultivation method, country of origin, certification body etc. and a description (100% natural essential oil). Look for organic quality or organic wild collection. Good essential oils have their price (because of the complex extraction and production processes used to obtain them).
- Suitability for children
Children are not little adults - certain essential oils, which are unproblematic and helpful for adults, can be dangerous for children's nerve cells or the respiratory tract. Here it is not enough to simply adjust the adult dosage.
Oils containing menthol and camphor, such as all mints (except bergamot mint), camphor and rosemary, sage, hyssop, wintergreen and eucalyptol are not suitable for children.
- The right dosage
Only in a child-friendly dilution in organic plant oil (e.g. almond oil or St. John's wort oil), organic plant water or alcohol (not for babies) can the selected essential oil now be applied to the skin. 1 to 2 drops of essential oil to 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of plant oil, corresponds to the dilution of 0.5% recommended for children. Only trust reputable recipes from responsible sources - simply adding a few drops can often be too much in a mixture.
- With a relaxing scent
- Helps little ones fall asleep
- Perfect after eventful days
- For fragrance sticks & diffusers
- Helps increase concentration
- Ideal partner for homework and exams
- Perfect for on the go
- With calming properties
- Can be applied to the skin by children
- 200 ml, 1 l
£6.85 - £23.15
- Suitable for all skin types
- Gentle & mild cleanser
- Purely botanical bath additive
In stock4.9 (7)